Monday, March 5, 2007

Week 6-Is Otis what you expected? Reflecting back to the days before you attended Otis, what did you expect to experience or happen? How is that that

Otis is nothing what I've expected. I came to Otis as my second choice and I wanted to get out of California and move to the east coast, but i'm glad I stayed. In the beginning, i expected Otis to be very straightforward because I easily got accepted. I didn't expect Otis to be a tough school because I've heard many stories where people with low gpa got accepted. Once I experienced that there were vast amount of homework that required a lot of work it became challenging. Also the teachers are fastidious in grading and like to specifically have it their own way. But I believe the foundation year is like this to prepare us for the majors we are looking forward to in the next sophmore year. I actually enjoy all the studio classes and I like how we are divided into small sections, which is great after coming from high school where the art classes were useless and it didn't prepare me at all for an art school. My experience in attending Otis was different from what I've expected and I'm glad it turned out to be this way because I don't regret my decision in coming to Otis.

No comments: