Monday, March 5, 2007

Week 6 - Is Otis what you expected? What did you expect to experience or happen and how is that different from actual experiences so far?

Coming straight out of high school, like many others, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect at all. Because I had never experienced the typical "College Life," from what I have been told, it is somewhat different from that of Otis' college life. Otis is actually not far off from what I expected, of course, I did have somewhat of an idea only because I had taken a class here the previous year. Otis is not your typical "Let's get wasted, party, and not have to go to class" type of school...it's more like...well, nevermind, YOU get it! My experiences here at Otis have been really quite amazing. I have learned so much from all of my teachers and peers, it is extremely informative and interesting, and I never actually believed that I could have acheived the things I have here. Many people think that because it is an art school that it must be easy or laidback and you really don't have to do anything. They are WAYY off!! Otis is difficult, yet at the same time it is fun. I am actually learning and doing the things that I love to do and because of that I am enjoying every day here at school, and that is something that I NEVER had while attending school before college!!!

No comments: