Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Week 3-In what ways do you think living in California, near the movie industry to be specific, influences your art?

I do not feel that my art is affected by my proximity to the movie industry. The presence of Hollywood only occasionally effects my life, and has really had no effect on my art that I can think of. I have lived in California my whole life, and that has probably been an influence on my art in the same way that any artist is influenced by their childhood surroundings. Also, because I rarely travel outside of California, I cannot judge the influence of this place compared to others. I did participate in an art program and Maryland Institute College of Art for one month two summers ago. I did not notice a difference in the art I produced in Maryland as apposed to California.

No comments: