Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Week 2-How has the experience of attending Otis affected your art or perception?

I think that the experience of attending Otis has changed my perception of what art is and also made me realize that because everything that we use is designed by someone, almost everything is art or design, except for natural objects. My art has also been effected by the “Otis style” drawing that we learn in our studio classes, especially life drawing. We are taught to draw objects transparently, to use sighting lines and to develop only part of the drawing fully, leaving the remainder of it in the developmental stage. Also I have been working three dimensionally more since coming to Otis, in Form and Space. That is a departure from my normal artistic style. So Otis has effected my perception of art, my technique, and my choice of medium.

No comments: