Monday, February 12, 2007

Week 4 - What role will improved writing play in your life as an artist? Why write? If you're an artist, what good will writing and essay do for you?

Writing is in fact, whether you believe it or not, is an Art. Although, I never really enjoyed reading much growng up, I have always loved to write; poetry, stories, creative writing, and more. I have always kept a journal and I feel that that and also the book I wrote (that is now in the process of being published!!!) is important for my art work. The poetry, song lyrics, and other pieces that I enjoy writing have been influential and important in giving me the ideas and things that I create in my art work. One simple example of how writing is important in art is in mixed media and how it is generally incorporated into many great mixed media collages and other pieces (At least in the mixed media collages I create, I tend to put some form of creative writing, quote, or lyric that either I have wrote or quoted from someone else). Another reason that Writing is important and considered an art is that because by writing you are able to open up your mind, broaden your vocabulary, and channel your artistic abilities in different directions and writing is one of those creative ways. Writing is an art and by creating this sort of art, improving your writing, your art in other mediums can improve as well. Writing helps your knowledge expand and your creativitty grow!

No comments: