Monday, February 19, 2007

How has the experience of attending Otis affected your art or perception?

Otis has had a great affect on my art and perception of art. In high school, I came from a great art program where I thought I had a pretty good idea of what art was and what it meant to me. However when I came to Otis, I realized that my perceived idea had changed. I realized how crucial the basics are. I used to think that I already knew the basics steps to art, so I when working on a project, I could just skip through the first couple steps. But the foundation year, even though it's not completed, has had a strong impact. It has refreshed everything I already knew and then taught me so much more. The best thing could have happened was that in coming here, I learned how to rid myself of procrastination. I never realized how much my lazy ways affected my art! Otis has opened my eyes to improvement. It has improved my art and my skills will only improve from here!

No comments: