Monday, April 2, 2007

week 9

Does your art make any kind of social or political statement? What do you think about art or artists that make social or political statements? Is it the responsibility of the artist to comment on or raise public awareness?

No, I don't believe I've ever created a social/political statement through my artwork unless it was a school assignment. I don't really care either way if artists create social/political work, I feel art is a way of expressing yourself and if you feel like expressing a social/political issue, then go for it. No, I don't feel like it's the artist's responsibility to comment or raise public awareness unless he/she creates a social/political piece. I feel that if they do, they should be able to stand behind their work and explain their views

No comments: