Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Week 6-Is Otis what you expected?

Otis is definitely not what I expected. Then again, I'm not exactly sure what I expected anyway. The work load this first year has been hefty, and I know I was told that it would be, but I still wasn't really prepared for it. Before I came here I had never taken an art class in my life, so the first few weeks of school felt VERY overwhelming. I expected to go to school, make friends, do well in class and have fun doing other things on my own time. I knew it wouldn't be easy but I didn't think it would be too hard; after high school I worked two jobs for two years so I figured I could handle anything. Of course, school is much more difficult, especially the studio classes since I'm pretty inexperienced. I made friends like I expected, but I didn't expect to make any close friends, and I'm glad to say that I did anyway. I expected to be more creative on my own time but unfortunately I feel less and less creative every day. I get inspiration but I sometimes let it get overpowered by the need to do homework. This experience has been much different than I thought it would be, but overall I would say it's different in a very good way.

No comments: