Sunday, February 18, 2007

Week 5-Write about your experience at the foundation forward? What useful information did you receive? What do you wish you would have received that y

At Foundation Forward, I learned a lot more about all the departments that Otis offers. Though before attending Foundation Forward, my heart was already set on Advertising as the major that I was going to go into, as I listened to different department chairs talk about there department, for a second there, I wanted to change my major because the clips they showed of each department was very attractive. After going through the presentations, I sat down at the Communication Arts table so I can interact with the Chair of the Department; he gave us a layout of what classes that I need to take as an Advertising major. I believe that Foundation Forward was a really helpful event to me and I really would love to see it stay around.

1 comment:

Cailyn said...

I had a good experience with foundation forward. I think it is a great idea—a good way to help guide first year students into making the right decision when it comes to choosing a major for themselves. It is an enjoyable event. When we arrived at the fashion campus they had really great breakfast refreshments for us. Then we got to hear from the heads of each prospective department. That was valuable to me because each faculty member was a familiar face, but now I can place them with their areas of expertise. Each program also created a short video to give a taste of what their programs were like, which was fun for me to watch. It was nice to here what the students had to say. I came into this school knowing that I wanted to go into Graphic Design, and this event just reconfirmed that decision. So I guess I could say I got all the information that I needed.