Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Week 5-Write about your experience at the foundation forwrad? What useful information did you receive? What do you wish you would have received that y

At foundation forward today I received much information that was specifically related to the major i had intended to go in to. I know that many students who attended foundation forward really kind of found themselves questioning whether or not they wanted to go into their initial major. As soon as i saw the digital media presentation and talked personally with all of the teachers, i remembered why i had chosen to pursue going into that major. There was some information I wish they would have spoken to us about though. I wish they would have talked to us more about the salary's and just different experiences that graduating seniors have had in general. Another thing I would have liked to learn were things such as how long a lot of the work had taken. Even though i don't care how long it would take me to get my work done, it's just some of the facts that i think they skipped on that i would have like to known about the artwork in the presentations. But overall, I enjoyed all of the presentations very much and had a fairly good time learning about what I think I would like to do for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

brandon said...

I thought foundation forward was.... ok. As far as information goes, i didnt really think that adequate information was given about the different courses that were offered in each major and also i thought there was a lack of discussion as far as the individualized parts of each department. For example, digital media major has several different "specialty" sections such as; concept art, game design, motion graphics, animation, 3d.... and maybe some more? i dont kno, i dont think it was thouroughly discussed. The different sections may have been mentioned but i thought little information was given about each one. I also thought that possible job opportunities upon completion of each program could have been discussed as well as, the dreaded question, HOW MUCH MONEY WILL YOU MAKE? For some reason it doesnt matter who you ask, whether at foundation forward or at school, no one will give yo ua straight answer as far as how much money will you make. everyone gives this generic vague explanation about how it all matters on how well your work is and the beginning salary for digital media majors can be between 45,000 and 150,000!! Thats a pretty big gap between those two numbers. does it really differ that much? Anyways, I thought foundation forward was a good experience and it was nice to get out of class for a day, but i thought it had more of an entertainment value rather than an educational, informational, event.

Priscila said...

For the Most part I had a good experience at foundation forward, I did get to find out some interesting things about the all the different department, and also check out the fashion campus which is a place where I will be calling home soon, but I must say that the chairman of the fashion department was a little over the top when she presented the fashion department, I’m not sure why, but I am pretty sure she was trying to scare fashion design majors as far has I’m concerned I was not one bit intimidated by her overbearing nature.