Monday, February 5, 2007

In what ways do you think living in California, near the movie industry to be specific, influences your art?

I can't really say if it is the movie industry that influences my art more than it is California itself. Being born and raised in Texas, life is so much more different than here in California. There is more culture around, more of an artistic influence than back home in Texas. Even though i have not seen much of it other than school, I feel that there is much more to absorb and learn from than back in Texas. There are more things from which i can absorb for inspiration. I think just coming from such a conservative state and moving out here to a large and diverse community alone is enough to influence my art, help it grow, let it evolve like I am.

No comments: