Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One of the definitions in the dictionary for the term “artist” is: a person skilled at a particular task or occupation. Yes, I agree that it’s hard to define something so vague as the topic of art, but that’s the beauty of being an artist. It can be subtle or in your face, but by being able to express oneself, through something that they are so passionate about while not being confined to a particular medium, and letting that spark ignite into something so huge, that they are so proud of, in my opinion, is a true artist. Before attending Otis, I considered myself an artist, but now I’m just sharpening my skills, however you don’t need an art school to be artsy. Everyone has some story to tell, it’s just a matter of how we decide to communicate it, which in some way or another classifies us as an artist.

No comments: