Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Week 8 Topic

Week 8-Friedman writes of how digitization of many basic tasks has changed the way we work and communicate. How do you or how will you make use of web-based technology or computer software available in your discipline or field?

I have not yet had the opportunity to use web-based software at all, and have not used computer technology very much in my work. I believe that next year, when I go into my major, Toy Design, they will begin teaching me how to use computer programs to design things. Because Toy Design requires that we create actual prototypes of our toys, we will have to be able to use the computer to design files which can be made into real tangible objects. We will be learning how to make 3D models and program them to be printed in a rapid prototyping machine, as well as how to use Photoshop images to produce models. I expect to use these skills for the rest of my time at Otis and the rest of my career as a designer.

No comments: