Tuesday, May 1, 2007

here is my week one, it was posted on there but forsome reason it didn't get counted well here it is again:
Week 1-As you are enrolled in art school, I would make the logical assumption that you consider yourself an artist. I want to know, based on your experience or insight, what is an artist?
In my opinion I believe artists are the beautifiers of the world. Artists have that innate attention to detail that non-artists don't. Artists see color, texture, and form rather than just seeing an object. We analyze objects and try to figure out how they work, while others just accept them as they are. I don’t necessarily think that to be an artist you have to paint and draw or even create, I think it is more about the way you view the world. In my opinion, someone could have never touched a paintbrush in his or her life but could still be considered an artist because they think inventively about normal situations. Such as picking out an outfit or writing a paper. In my opinion the world is full of artists and art is something that gets us through life.

No comments: