Monday, April 9, 2007

Week 9

In the past, I have never tried to focus my art on anything that pertained to politics or make any social statements. However recently, in my graphic design class, we were to choose a cause or event in need of a voice that meant a lot to us. For this, I could not help but get political. I do not feel that the U.S. troops get the recognition that they deserve and that the positive news on the war is not being reported. This is my focus of this particular artwork, to create a politically charged piece that will convey my message. In regards to political artwork and the artists who create it, I feel that everyone has a voice. With that voice they are allowed to express themselves, and whether I agree with their opinion or not, does not really matter. I feel that it is the responsibility of the artist to raise public awareness as long as they perform the proper research and try to see equal sides to every issue. Create works that express yourself and your voice, but also keep in mind that everyone may not agree with you.

No comments: