Wednesday, April 25, 2007

POLITICS

I have made art in the past that has made a political statement, but the work that I create is usually not geared towards politics. I tend to use a lot of religious symbolism in my art, but I don't think it is my effort towards making a social or religious statement, just me referencing my upbringing in the Catholic Church. I think that artists are and will always have to be responsible for the work that they make, whether they like it or not- they have no choice if they make it to be viewed by the masses. People might make art for art's sake, and not care what effect they have on their audience, but truthfully, the artist will always have to remain responsible because everyone will always have an opinion. As long as the artist realizes that they are responsible for their own work, they can make the decision from their whether they in fact want to make a statement about anything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are great. Love your insight. Keep up the good work.