Sunday, February 11, 2007

Week 4-What role will improve writing play in your life as an artist? Why write? If you’re an artist, what good will writing an essay do for you?

I believe that artists need to write so it can improve their way of thinking, expand their imagination. I believe that not only artists need to write to improve the way they think, everybody should write so they can express themselves through a way which they never can on a daily basis. As an artist, though I do not like to write most of time, maybe is just because I just do not like most of the topics they gave us, but through all that, when I do write my mind is stretch farther that is usually is and it also helps me a lot in my other classes.

1 comment:

Cailyn said...

Being a skillful writer helps all aspects of a person's life. Being able to communicate effectively is the key to success. Improved writing plays a role in any occupation, but it is especially valuable to an artist. It is important that artists can write well, so that they might promote their work, and express their theories and ideas. Although I would much rather complete a studio art project, I know writing essays in English class is good practice, and a great way to develop my skills. In Composition and Critical Thought we have addressed many different styles of writing which I appreciate--I just wish we had a little more time in between each paper.