Saturday, February 10, 2007

How has the experience of attending Otis affected your art or perception?

Well for starters, i can no longer look at a piece of art without feeling completely stressed out, and restless. No, I'm kidding. But seriously, i can now look at a color and tell what colors it is made out of, due to color and design. I took out a box of crayons, to draw for a project, and was desparetely testing every color trying to match the green that i have been constantly making swatches of. i couldn't match it, was a little baffled that the green from the crayola box was so bright, and looked nothing like the one from all the color wheels i have been making. I have never worked so hard in my life, now know how to manage my time, and i feel like i am learning alot. i now look at architectures of buildings more closely, and really feel like perception of everyday life has changed.

1 comment:

Priscila said...

Attending Otis even though it’s been a short time has affected the way I look at art; make my own art, and even the way I look at the world. It has basically changed my perception of everything around me, all of the classes that I have been taking my foundation year that I have I thought were useless really do make a difference, an example would be Form and Space a class in which I hated at first but it gave me appreciation of detail, workmanship, and the importance of presentation.